funsec mailing list archives

'Spam man' Strikes Olympic Gold

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:06:22 GMT

Via CNN/Money.

[snip]

Canadian-born Australian Dale Begg-Smith has gone from Internet mogul to men's Olympic moguls champion but his air of
mystery will hang around like Wednesday's mist on the Italian Alps.

Favorite Begg-Smith, 21, snatched gold in the men's freestyle skiing moguls, twisting and turning his way to
Australia's first medal of the Turin Games in the last run of the final.

He has struck gold before, running an Internet company which media reports say is worth millions of dollars, but
Begg-Smith was keen to play it down.

"It is complicated. It is technology for companies to monitor ad campaigns. I don't do anything that pops up. I just
make software."

Begg-Smith, who drives a black Lamborghini and is nicknamed 'the Spam Man' by Australian media, refused to comment on
whether Ads CPM, CPM Media, freescratchandwin.com and secondthought.com were connected with his company.

"There's not really a name (for the company) anymore," he said.

[snip]

More:
http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/15/news/newsmakers/beggsmith.reut/index.htm

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net