funsec mailing list archives

RE: "if you are not doing anything wrong, why should youworry about it?"

From: "Kohlenberg, Toby" <toby.kohlenberg () intel com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 00:22:06 -0800

Yup. that pretty much nails it on the head for me.

The key to answering the question "if you are not doing
anything wrong, why should you worry about it?" is to
remember that at some point everyone does something wrong
according to someone's definition.
Maybe I have access and decide I don't like the way you
talk to your children, or want to find out what hours you are
keeping and why you claim to be at the office when you are
clearly having an affair, or maybe you simply practice the
wrong religion. And every religion is the wrong one (as is
the lack of any) lest you have any doubt.

Anyone who thinks there is such a thing as "not doing anything
wrong" is tremendously naive.

toby