funsec mailing list archives

R.I.P: Don Knotts

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 04:34:43 GMT

Ah,Barney, we hardly knew ye. And we'll surely miss ye.

[snip]

Don Knotts, the skinny, lovable nerd who kept generations of television audiences laughing as bumbling Deputy Barney
Fife on “The Andy Griffith Show,” has died. He was 81.

Knotts died Friday night of pulmonary and respiratory complications at a Los Angeles hospital, said Paul Ward, a
spokesman for the cable network TV Land, which airs “The Andy Griffith Show,” and another Knotts hit, “Three’s Company.”

Unspecified health problems had forced him to cancel an appearance in his native Morgantown, W.Va., in August 2005.

[snip]

More:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11566794/

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net