funsec mailing list archives

Re: Botmaster: 0x80 outed by Washington Post photo Metadata

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:27:18 +1300

Gary Warner wrote:

Have you seen this already?
<<snip>>

This has been doing the rounds for a few days now.  Sweet story...

The photo that ran with the article (since removed), ...

Actually, there were _two_ such photos (both removed) with equivalent
metadata.  For some odd reason, I kept a copy of the second one and not
the first...

So, we need a 21 year old Marlboro smoker in a town of 3,000 that claims
to drop $800 a night in the VIP room of the strip club.  I'm thinking
there are cops at the Cheyenne Gentlemen's Club interviewing strippers
there as we speak.

A case of "nice work if you can get it"??

Seriously though, I do hope that there is some LE involvement in this.
By 0x80's own admittance in the story, the minimum levels of loss to
potentially get the FBI involved have been reached.

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald