funsec mailing list archives

RE: Israeli Software Company Faces U.S. Probe

From: "Henderson, Dennis K." <Dennis.Henderson () umb com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:41:21 -0600

This coulda been a rumor, but didnt checkpoint get busted for
having a backdoor in their VPN software?

-JP

The only real thing I saw in the late 90's was that when I worked for a
US telecom company that now has recently turned yellow, so-to-speak. We
couldn't use checkpoint for US government contracts. It wasn't on the
GSA schedule.

The only certified firewall at the tine was the craptor, I mean Raptor,
a great Internet firewall, but hell's fire for running weird protocols
thru at the time.

Some of the government-produced vertical-applications behaved very badly
when firewalls(like the raptor) were put between them and the rest of
the network.

When I asked people "in-the-know" they would mumble words like
classified etc, but I havent seen a real reason why FW1 was "banned".

Dennis