funsec mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: Class Action Settlement/Software Update Notice]

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 00:18:08 -0500

On 3/2/06, Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com> wrote:
Still seems like Sony has gotten off easy.

I believe I received this because I'm on the Britney Spears mailing list.

                                        BB
Under the settlement,
any person in possession of an XCP CD can exchange it for a replacement
CD, an MP3 download of the same album, and either (a) cash payment of
$7.50 and one (1) free album download from a list of 200 albums, or (b)
three (3) free album downloads from that list.
Purchasers of CDs containing MediaMax 5.0 software will receive a free
MP3 download of the same album and one (1) additional free album download.
Purchasers of CDs containing MediaMax 3.0 software will receive a free
MP3 download of the same album.

Please, please, please download these on a winbox and md5 all system
files after playing 'em. In fact, let me know which ones you download
and I will go buy post-sonygate releases of the same album and we can
md5 those to see if there is a difference.

I dont like modern music, but I still cant bring myself to buy a ps3
due to sony*(bmg will do). I would like to come up with a valid
explanation for this aside from the fact that I am a vengeful b@$tard
:-)

-JP