funsec mailing list archives

RE: LaGuardia terminal reopens after bomb sniffer cries wolf

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:08:37 -0500

No kidding.... So lemme see...

Man wearing shoes sets off an alert that the shoes have explosives in them
Nobody cared...
Man wearing shoe bombs was allowed to walk away
At some time later, someone notices the alert...
No-one knows where this man is or probably who he is
Nothing is blown up
Alert must have been a false alarm
Everyone at airport pretends nothing happened

  and yet I can't get on the plane with nail clippers.....

Anyone else think there is something wrong with this picture?

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, MCSE, MCP+I
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580