funsec mailing list archives

AV is DEAD Concepts Like Windows Shared Computer Toolkit Are The Future

From: Don Kennedy <zoverlords () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 08:45:23 -0800 (PST)

Using an A/V does what for recovery time when it fails? Without some type of real-time disk image protection and
recovery combined with the ability to restrict users incuding Admin types, is like a George Carlin game show, you
remember the "You Bet Your House" game show. When you lose they take away your living room.

  Not too mention that A/V's don't do anything for those times a user actually is the cause for an accidental deletion
or modification to an OS setting or feature.

  So define the problem, is it "I don't want ANYTHING modifying ANYTHING I don't want modified, or is it "I know there
is no functional working example of AI but I am brave enough to use this A/V to protect my systems"?