funsec mailing list archives

Joker.com confirms DDoS atack

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:18:48 GMT

Can't really say I shed a tear on this one, but let's face it -- any
DDoS cannot be condoned.

Via the ISC SAN Handlers Diary.

[snip]

We received a report yesterday about a DDoS against Joker.com's DNS servers. Thanks for the report! From the site
"Joker.com currently experiences massive distributed denial of service attacks against nameservers.

This affects DNS resolution of Joker.com itself, and also domains which make use of Joker.com nameservers.

We are very sorry for this issue, but we are working hard for a permanent solution.

Thank you for your understanding".

[snip]

Perosnally, I say that they should be more proactive on allowing
criminal activity in their domain space, but that's just me.

http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=1219

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net