funsec mailing list archives

RE: Security Fears Prod Many Firms To Limit Staff Use of WebS ervices

From: dparis () w3works com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:36:47 -0500 (EST)

I can see it for certain divisions within GE.  They're a gigantic
corporation with Financial Services, Government Services, etc.  Within
those divisions, the conservativism (IMHO) would be prudent.

Best~
-dsp

Actually, I was only half-kidding.

For several of our client networks, we use a couple of transparent
web-proxies which automagically block certain types of URL's (e.g.
adult, advertisements), but is pretty liberal on most content.

I can certainly see where a business such as a _bank_ might wish to
be a bit more conservative in it's filtering policies, given the
risk involved. :-)

But GE?  ;-)
[...]