funsec mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: Gerald Eisenhaur]

From: Barrie Dempster <barrie () reboot-robot net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:02:18 +0000

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 01:35 -0500, der Mouse wrote:
<snip>
I kinda have to wonder, if you thought he cared so little about his
commitments as to ignore a non-compete agreement, why you thought he'd
honour an agreement with you....

I kinda have to wonder why you did all this and have nothing in writing.

With the sort of cash he was offering, he could certainly afford to have
a brief contract written up. With the sort of risk you were taking you
had good reason to ask for a contract. Whilst I feel for you and wish it
didn't happen, it was just insane to take that leap without a contract
to back it up, especially if you had no back up plan as this deal
falling through meant you end up with nothing. Also the cash was already
supposed to be "up front", it could have been paid before you quit your
job.

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

"He who hingeth aboot, geteth hee-haw" Victor - Still Game

blog:  http://reboot-robot.net
sites: http://www.bsrf.org.uk - http://www.security-forums.com
ca:    https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3