funsec mailing list archives

Re: Australian beer? WHAT Australian beer?! at least with Germany... [was: Chocolate for Geeks]

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:43:17 -0800 (PST)

Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:34:33 +0200
From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>

Thomas Mannfred Carlsson wrote:
On 13 Jan 2006 at 14:09, Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec) wrote:

 May I be so bold as to ask "What the heck is
Marmite anyway?".....

Marmite (UK) is similar to Vegemite (Australia), which - although
euphemistically described as an "acquired taste," "yeast extract" and
"sandwich spread" - in practical terms is best understood (both in
terms of looks and taste) as the leftover sludge from brewing beer.

There is one successful (or any) Australian beer I am aware of OUTSIDE
of Australia. It is THE beer to drink in Australia.

It is indeed made in Australia.

No one in Australia ever heard of it.

And the beer is...?

Same goes as to Bischoff, try and find one of theirs in Germany.. I love
Bischoff (except for their non-wheat based sissy beers).

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin