funsec mailing list archives

Re: Google

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 11:50:08 -0800 (PST)

From: nodialtone <nodialtone () comcast net>
Date: 01 Jan 2006 11:47:50 -0500

Taking bets on how long it will take Gooooooogle to update the
copyright notice on their home search page.

Why would they need to update it?  Given the state of copyright laws in
the US today, and the corresponding laws in many other countries,
Goooogle is already covered for the current page for the next 69
years.

The only time they'll need to update the copyright notice is if they
change the page somehow - to make it a 'new' page.

I am not a lawyer, but ...  This is how it seems to me.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin