funsec mailing list archives

Re: My home state, making me proud from afar.....

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 23:08:03 -0700

On 4/1/06, Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk> wrote:
Dude VanWinkle wrote:

Goldberg declined to elaborate on what that unusual activity was.

Maybe them sucking SSN's out of the DB? That counts as "unusual traffic" right?

Based on recent events, I'd say that "sucking SSNs out of the DB" is
increasingly _expected_ traffic, particularly if the operator of the DB
should have been expected to know/do better than allow such
unauthorized "sucking"...     8-)

I would be willing to bet cash it was a internet facing
peoplesoft/oracle app that got owned

-JP