funsec mailing list archives

Re: Defense Tech: NSA Phone Sweep a 'Waste of Time', Analyst Says

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:58:10 -0400

On 5/11/06, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
Its been too much for me since the first time I was stopped while
walking down the street and asked to provide my "papers".

Some things are out of my control. Some things are out of my control
right now. I don't tolerate any level of my privacy being invaded -
when I know about and when I can do something about it. I also don't
think this type of invasion is anything new or something that, of the
free nations, only the US is doing.

Further, if I were to raise a big stink about my privacy, this is
probably the last place I'd start. They've been able to get my phone
records - easily - for a VERY LONG TIME. As it is ANYWHERE, a warrant
is not difficult to get and cops who know their judges know where to
go to get one inked based on either the suspect or the probably cause
(possible violation). Hell, you can hire a lawyer to get my phone
records if you wanted to!

Ahh, I get it. You are a Contrairian!

Thanks for clearing that up.

-JP