funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Boston Logan Airport to Implement Baggage, Passenger RFID Tracking

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:25:57 -0400

On Tue, 16 May 2006 20:07:54 +0300, Stephen Villano said:
Simply another waste of the taxpayers money. Hey! We have a little extra
budget money left over, what'ya say we re-invent the round thing on an axle?
Again.

But the previous team that re-invented a round thing on an axle botched it
badly.  Let's design a square one instead, maybe we'll avoid their
design botches.

Yeah, an RFID chip tracking system only helps in the area that you have
an RFID tracking infrastructure.  I wonder how they plan to attach it to
me in a way it won't depart before I reach LAX?  And what my luggage is
gonna look like after 30 or 40 trips through Logan.  Will all that rice
stuff in the thing tend to confuse the readers?