funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] FBI Acknowledges: Journalists Phone Records are Fair Gam e

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 08:44:45 -0500

Okay, this is how we fight this. When they go to prosecute someone
based on evidence they get in an unsavory manner, you - on the jury -
vote "not guilty". Every jury does that every time and they won't be
able to use it anymore. Jury nullification - yet another gift from the
English.

Failing that - and it will fail because we have let our justice system
get so out of hand we've forgotten our place in it - the supremes can
throw out part or all of the Patriot Act (which I wish they would do
sooner than later).

Failing that, we'll continue to let the government's power grow to the
point that the masses reject it and we start over. :)