funsec mailing list archives

Re: Not all adware is badware

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 17:21:33 -0600

On 4/6/06, KF (lists) <kf_lists () digitalmunition com> wrote:
There is no confusion (at least for me).... its garbage no matter how
you word it.

(*)ware in general is just about as annoying as the fact that you can't
even get a friggin utility bill these days without half a ream of ads
crammed in the envelope with my invoice or physically attached to the
return envelope!

Its all trash... call it adware, call it spyware, call it creative
advertising... its still garbage!

Unless they check their customers out, you can always port an ie vuln
through a pop-up or banner ad.

Either way it takes up bandwidth and the adware could be a point of
entry if its coded badly

-JP