funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] AT&T Accidently Leaks Sensitive Info in NSA Suit

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 14:21:46 -0800

From:                   "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date sent:              Fri, 26 May 2006 17:37:34 GMT

AT&T's attorneys this week filed a 25-page legal brief striped with thick black
lines that were intended to obscure portions of three pages and render them
unreadable.

But the obscured text nevertheless can be copied and pasted inside some PDF
readers

roflol

[Wipes tears of laughter from eyes]

I've got a quote, somewhere in the file, along the lines of, "You mean *Microsoft*
is going to write the software that spies on me?  I feel better already."

Different company, same concept.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by
being governed by those who are dumber.       - Plato (427-347 B.C.)
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm