funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Exploiting code: The Future

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:57:14 +1200

Gadi Evron wrote:

I've learned from a credible ...

Hahahahahaha -- so he's giving up being the "Cheif Software Architect"
of the least innovative software company in history why?

... source that:
1. 640 K ought to be enough for anybody!

Well, that was well more than a decade back, so I suppose we can
forgive him for neglecting to predict that the 286 may be invented...

2. In two year there will be no spam.

And that was nearly three years back now, so I guess he has no legs to
stand on there -- he simply had no grip on why we have spam or why spam
works, and certainly had _NO_ idea at all about how to successfully
address "the spam problem" (despite hiring what _he_ thought were the
brightest minds in the anti-spam camp to advise him -- yet more
evidence of his grievous lack of grip on anything worth understanding).

3. Vista will fix ALL vulnerabilities.
4. Vista wil make viruses a thing of the past.
5. Vista will make spyware a thing of the past.

So, I guess in 5 years when Vista comes out, we will all be out of work!

You're optimistic we'll see it that soon?

Mind you, by then he'll be working on HTF to feed all the third-world
poor and diseased who would otherwise have died and not bred and needed
feeding, nor their offspring feeding, ad nauseum, without his
intervention in "improving" their health care.

I guess his billions will deal with that for a few more years until he
goes broke and the world's media stops lining up to suck his appendage
or lick his nether regions (or both).

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald