funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft's Real Test with Vista is Vulnerabilities

From: Dan Renner <dan () losangelescomputerhelp com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:00:15 -0700

funsec-request () linuxbox org wrote:

Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:45:20 -0500 (CDT)
From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Subject: [funsec] Microsoft's Real Test with Vista is Vulnerabilities
To: bugtraq () securityfocus com
Cc: funsec () linuxbox org, full-disclosure () lists grok org uk

Vista, the solution to all our problems: Microsoft portrays Vista as
anything from the end of software vulnerabilities to the end of spyware.
<snip>

</snip>

2. Microsoft supposedly learned a thing or two since Windows 95.

Your guess is as good as mine and the results of this test will be very
telling.

        Gadi Evron.

Gadi,

One thing Microsoft has absolutely learned, is how to tell everyone that this next version of Windows is "Safer, Faster and
Easier to use!" - they've done it successfully since Windows 98.

Though I get the idea that statement is falling on a lot less impressionable ears of late...

Sincerely,

Dan Renner
President
Los Angeles Computerhelp