funsec mailing list archives

Re: Australian Researchers Confirm RFID DoS Attacks

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:41:01 -0800

From:                   "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date sent:              Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:40:30 GMT

Researchers have proven a denial-of-service attack on the actual tags
will cause them to enter an error state, allowing someone to input incorrect
prices or alter location and destination parameters.

Intriguing.  If you can do this with chipped passports, what do you call it when
someone doesn't steal your identity, but imposes a false one on you?

"They dressed me like this!  And this isn't my nose: it's a false one!"

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca      slade () victoria tc ca      rslade () sun soci niu edu
It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can
only do a little.  Do what you can.     - Sydney Smith (1771 - 1845)
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm