funsec mailing list archives

Re: University of South Carolina e-Mail CompromisesStudentIDs

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:14:40 -0500

On 4/19/06, Justin Polazzo <jpolazzo () thesportsauthority com> wrote:
You try taking over the US with _any_ kind of weapon, and I bet it will
fail. You gonna nuke em? They are set up so that not all of Them are at
the same place at the same time.

Huh?

My point is that violent rebellion is not possible anymore, and that was
the original reason to have guns. If we now want to have guns to blow
each other away, well that kinda sux IMO.

This displays ignorance of such a degree and at so many levels...

How many people die in europe each year from gunshot wounds? How many
stores are held up (at gunpoint or otherwise)? What are the same numbers
for the states?
If you think about these things _D_I_S_P_A_S_S_I_O_N_A_T_E_L_Y, you
might just understand where I am coming from, but probably not.

Anyone who has looked at the numbers will be on the same side as me -
give the English their guns back. That's just numbers - never mind the
morality of such laws.