funsec mailing list archives

Toronto Says Licence-Tampering on City Computer Systems is 'Impossible '

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:25:08 GMT

I generally chuckle when I hear anyone claim that this or
that is impossible -- it flies in the face of common sense
and reasonable judegment. :-)

Via The Globe and Mail.

[snip]

A disgraced top official's renewed allegations of tampering with city tow-truck licences were rejected yesterday by
Toronto Mayor David Miller.

"That's not possible," he told reporters, responding to former municipal licensing and standards executive director
Pamela Coburn's assertion, made in some news outlets yesterday, that criminal records possibly were deleted from city
files to make it easier for suspected biker gang members to get tow-truck licences.

"That's just simply not possible with our computer system," the mayor said.

However, Mr. Miller now says a more frequent check of licence holders for criminal records, more often than the current
standard of every four years, is "under review."

[snip]

More:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060425.gtlicence25/BNStory/Technology/

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net