funsec mailing list archives

New virus? terror_uk...?

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:42:48 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings:

One of my users received an email today that was attached with a .ZIP
file containing terror_uk.exe.  This was not picked up by any virus or
spam filter.

Message said:

Subject:  New acts of terrorism in United Kingdom!

Body:   Today the Scotland Yard has informed on  set  of new acts of
terrorism in London and Edinburgh!  You can learn the detailed
information in the attached file!

Has anyone else seen this recently?

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin