funsec mailing list archives

Re: Arbor's 2006 'Worldwide Infrastructure Security Report'

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:25:05 -0400

On 9/13/06, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
Not sure if anyone else saw this, or not, but Arbor has some
interesting numbers contained in their paper.

You can find it at:

 http://arbornetworks.com/news_detail.php?id=719

Comments welcome on similar, or -- more importantly -- different
experiences. :-)

As a layman, I find it interesting that they list DNS attacks as an
"emerging threat". I thought Blue Frog made it clear this was a
current threat.

It seems to me that the ISP's are forgetting that they are not a
self-contained Internet and that they depend a lot on other services.

-JP<the layman>

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson