funsec mailing list archives

Re: Viruses leap to smart radio tags

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:39:36 -0400

On 7/18/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:02:39 EDT, Dude VanWinkle said:
> from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4810576.stm
>
> Computer viruses could be about to take a giant leap and start
> spreading via smart barcodes, warn experts.
>
> Security researchers have infected a Radio Frequency ID tag with a
> computer virus to show how the technology is vulnerable to malicious
> hackers

This is *so* several months old, if this is the same research already
reported back on March 16:

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=183700423

Whoops!

Sorry all, that was a brain fart! I am still having my RFID implants
retrofitted tho

-JP<who, from the sound of it, was already hacked>