funsec mailing list archives

[privacy] Googles response to Net Neutrality

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:09:18 -0400

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2006-07-04T172951Z_01_L04777905_RTRUKOC_0_US-GOOGLE-NETNEUTRALITY.xml&archived=False

If the legislators ... insist on neutrality, we will be happy. If they
do not put it in, we will be less happy but then we will have to wait
and see whether or not there actually is any abuse," Vint Cerf, a
Google vice-president and one of the pioneers of the Internet, told a
news conference in Bulgaria.

"If we are not successful in our arguments ... then we will simply
have to wait until something bad happens and then we will make known
our case to the Department of Justice's anti-trust division," he said
on Tuesday.