funsec mailing list archives

Re: The Speed of Sight

From: Andrew <andrewwilly () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:11:58 -0700

I'm going to migrate my retinas to use AOE and write directly to my brain, eliminating some overhead. With that and some improved eyeball gearing, I should be able to take in attractive ladies as they pass faster than my wife is able to observe and process such infractions.

Or I'll continue to work on my improvements to the Japanese beer pouring robot.

Andrew

Dude VanWinkle wrote:

From these recordings, the researchers calculated that a guinea pig
retina transfers data at about 875 kilobits per second. Human retinas
have about ten times as many ganglion cells, giving a "bandwidth" of
8.75 megabits per second.