funsec mailing list archives

Re: Free Kaspersky!

From: Jordan Wiens <numatrix () ufl edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:57:46 -0400

One of the miscellaneous challenges during the DefCon CTF (well, during the beginning when Kenshoto was stalling for time) was to take a picture of Mitnick with the "Put Kevin Back!" sticker on his back. No one earned those bonus points so far as I know. Rumor has it he wasn't even at the con.

--
Jordan Wiens, CISSP
UF Network Security Engineer

Dave Killion wrote:
Not quite as funny as the "Put Kevin Back!" bumper stickers being given away at DefCon. :)

--
Dave Killion, CISSP
Contributing Author, Configuring NetScreen Firewalls

On 8/9/06, *Blue Boar* <BlueBoar () thievco com <mailto:BlueBoar () thievco com>> wrote:

    Dude VanWinkle wrote:
     > http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp?
     >
     > Anyone know if its been crippled or dumbed down?

    Ah, cool.  From the subject, I was wondering what one of the Kaspersky
    boys did to land themselves in jail. ;)

                                                    BB