funsec mailing list archives

Well, d'oh!

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:46:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Dennis Henderson wrote:
Since so many people on this list filter news with keywords like warrantless
and *tap* I thought I'd post a few things in case they missed it.

Some say surveillance works.

Of course surveillance works, question often is if it is necessary. It
often is to a level which is why the question becomes, how do we know it is not abused?

We'll see...
Remember the good guys have to be right 100% of the time.. the bad guys only
have to be right once.

With security in mind, the difference between a democracy and a
dictatorship is that in a democracy you blacklist, saying what is not
allowed and allow everything else. In a dictatorship you whitelist and disallow everything else.
Security-wise, a dictatorship is better. Do you want to live in a
dictatorship?

So I made the above up, but it makes sense to explain it to security
folks.

Or as this unrelated yet cool Irish metal song says:
Some say the devil is dead, the devil is dead, the devil is dead,
Some say the devil is dead and buried in Killarney.
More say he rose again, more say he rose again, more say he rose again,
And joined the British army.
Feed the pigs and milk the cow, milk the cow, milk the cow,
Feed the pigs and milk the cow, so early in the morning.
Tuck your leg up, Paddy, dear. Paddy, dear, I'm over here! Tuck your leg
up, Paddy dear,
It's time to stop your yawning
Some say the devil is dead, the devil is dead, the devil is dead,
Some say the devil is dead and buried in Killarney.
More say he rose again, more say he rose again, more say he rose again,
And joined the British army.
Katie, she is tall and thin, tall and thin, tall and thin.
Katie, she is tall and thin. She likes a drop of brandy.
Drinks it in the bed at night, drinks it in the bed at night, drinks it in
the bed at night.
It makes her nice and randy.
Some say the devil is dead, the devil is dead, the devil is dead,
Some say the devil is dead and buried in Killarney.
More say he rose again, more say he rose again, more say he rose again,
And joined the British army.
My man is six foot tall, six foot tall, six foot tall,
My man is six foot tall, he likes his sugar candy.
Goes to bed at six o'clock, goes to bed at six o'clock, goes to bed at six
o'clock.
He's lazy, fat and dandy.
Some say the devil is dead, the devil is dead, the devil isdead,
Some say the devil is dead and buried in Killarney.
More say he rose again, more say he rose again, more say he rose again,
And joined the British army.
My wife, she has a hairy thing, a hairy thing, a hairy thing.
My wife, she has a hairy thing, she showed it to me Sunday.
She bought it in the furrier shop, bought it in the furrier shop, bought
it in the furrier shop.
It's going back on Monday.