funsec mailing list archives

Re: 3 Arrested on Terrorism Charges in Mich. for buyingprepaid cellphones

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:42:13 -0400

On 8/12/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Larry Seltzer wrote:

> >>http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=104&sid=879155
>
> Another story I read said when they were taken they had opened all the
> packages and had collected the phones. It didn't sound like a good
> resale strategy.

That depends on your strategy.

Suppose you were planning to sell them in a street market, for example.
They'd advertise that they are really cheap (which they would be) and
environmentally friendly, because without packaging. Pile them high and
sell them cheap - possibly out of a suitcase. Maybe even Del-boy
fly-trading, which is possibly illegal (fine $10), but not terrorism.

Take a walk through midtown manhattan, you will see thousands of
people doing exactly that.

-JP<who just bought a genuine rolex for 3 dollars!>