funsec mailing list archives

RE: 3 Arrested on Terrorism Charges inMich.forbuyingprepaidcellphones

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:03:24 -0400

 well that puts the final nail in the coffin.  They are guilty, he took pictures of a nearby bridge!  Couple that with
buying tons of cell phones and you clearly have a terrorist!

  Ok, I know that in these times it's better to be safe than sorry, but it's not looking like these guys were going to
do anything except make a profit on some Wally-world loss leader cell phones.

  Hell, if it's going to make Wally world loose some money, I may just go out and buy a bunch of those phones and sell
them on E-bay!

  We'll have to wait and see how this unfolds, unless there is some concrete proof these guys were going to use the
phones as detonators, they'll go free with one heck of a story to tell their grand kids....  But let Allah help them if
any explosives are found in their possession.

  Mike B

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580