funsec mailing list archives

RE: Month of Kernel Bugs - day 1

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 02:08:01 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Craig Schmugar wrote:
Patch patch patch?  What patch?  Last time I checked there were 2 or maybe 3
patches available for the 25 IE-related MoBB issues (from July).

You know how insecure you are, and what you need to protect yourself. What
programs to use, what not to use. What IDS signatures you may need, and
what vendor you need to preasure.

Many of these have exploit code in the hands of bad people, so YES, we
will see worms using this as a direct result, but we will also no longer
see many directed attacks using them.

Weigh your own odds.

So, I might question the phrase "these days" in Gadi's statement "you are
all more secure these days"

Craig