funsec mailing list archives

Re: OS X Malware?

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:11:20 -0800

der Mouse wrote:
There is no Mac malware.
Well, [...]

Actually, to be fair, there's a statistical sense in which there pretty
much *is* no Mac malware.

Not that that invalidates (what I see as) your real point, of course.

Yes, and I acknowledge that. And it would be fair to point at my entry as proof that there is no significant problem.

It's intended to counter the argument that there are *no* viruses, that viruses aren't possible on OS X, etc...

Anyone who knows even a little about how viruses work doesn't need to be shown anything to understand that, but it's not for them.

                                                BB