funsec mailing list archives

Re: YouTube shows you as a (wrong) logged user?

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 01:52:37 +0200 (EET)

YouTube customer support and Google security team has been contacted with full details.
I.e. there are no logins to YouTube from this machine today or earlier.
I was just watching some Most Viewed videos when I noticed that the site listed me as a logged (randomly selected?)
user.

- Juha-Matti

Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi> wrote:
I was just visiting YouTube and noticed that the main page shows the following information:

'Hello, rettttq1 [MAIL] (0)   My Account   History   QuickList  (0)   Help   Log Out'

pointing to user preferences page of 13-years old Bangladesh person.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=rettttq1

--clip--
About Me
Member Since: 5 days ago
Videos Watched: 1
Last Login: 5 hours ago

I'm not a registered YouTube user. There are no logins to YouTube from this machine at all.
Am I missing something?

- Juha-Matti