funsec mailing list archives

Re: Research: Men Use Phones to Flirt

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:45:29 -0500 (EST)

"Research by Sheffield Hallam University and Virgin Mobile is
reporting that British men consider their mobile phone an important
status symbol - particularly in helping to attract the opposite sex."

Well, I'm not British-- but I don't use my cellphone as a status
symbol, in flirting or any other context.  If nothing else, it would be
a status symbol only to geeks and the like who place a premium on age -
it's a Nokia 5190.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca