funsec mailing list archives

Re: Uk: Childrens Database 'Secure' From Hackers

From: Scott Frisbie <scottf () eacceleration com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:12:26 -0800

Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:59:43 -0500
From: Alex Eckelberry <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>

From the article, I saw this quote.

The article seemd to me to be painting a great big bulls-eye on the
database.  Basically saying "Here I am.  Come and get me!"

It would be nice to hope that this is a honeypot/sting operation to catch
pervs who prey on kids and not just another bungle. Even if it's a bungle,
maybe it could be turned around and used to help clean up the streets.
My $0.02.

--
Scott Frisbie
scottf () eAcceleration com

--Random message printed on Recycled Electrons.--
Han Solo:
        Wonderful girl! Either I'm going to kill her
        or I'm beginning to like her.

---