funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Scary, Yet Real: Medical Records Database Would Span a Lifetime

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:50:23 -0600

On 12/6/06, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:

Dossia, which in 2007 will be made available to the companies' 2.5 million
U.S. employees, dependents and retirees, will hold medical records from
multiple sources for a person over their entire lifetime. The database
could include test results and medical evaluations from various doctors'
offices, hospitals and pharmacies.

[snip]

Intuit is working on something similar - though they will pull the
data from various backend providers...I haven't yet figured out who
the target market is since I don't know anyone who cares that much
about their medical records.