funsec mailing list archives

Re: 2027 Security Predictions

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:10:08 -0500 (EST)

[...], and you guys are predicting that IPv6 will be rolled out by
2027.

Only North America thinks that talking about IPv6 rollout as a future
event makes sense.  In Europe, at least, it's much more past than
future, and I've heard indications that the Far East is that way too,
though I don't have as direct knowledge there.  (I spent six months
working in Norway; the house netlink my employer provided gave me
globally routed space...v6 space.  No v4 transport; I had to tunnel one
way or another to use v4.)

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca