funsec mailing list archives

Re: Those Ohio University guys are at it again

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:00:07 -0600

We're currently looking at doing the same thing, possibly with the
looking glass portal
(http://www.andyshellam.eu/ase_v62/projects/software/looking-glass.phpx),
because we're too cheap to spring for Big Brother or this add-on Quest
software. If done correctly it should be of little concern - though I
would personally want to limit access to those who really need it (for
us its customers' public IP space, for them I would imagine they'd
limit it to user space), not so much for security as for saving your
company from the humility of just anyone knowing your availability!