funsec mailing list archives

Re: RIP: CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:38:37 -0400

On 10/17/06, Richard M. Smith <rms () bsf-llc com> wrote:

Glad to see this installation never got used:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/17/war.room.ap/index.html

this scares the crap out of me. One reason (aside from saving money)
given for the move to a base 10 miles distant:

"In today's Netted, distributed world we can do very good work on a
broad range of media right here," Adm. Timothy Keating, commander of
the North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, said from his
Peterson headquarters.

Well, its not like the govt gets failing grades for infosec regularly
or anything ;-)

-JP<who wonders why They waited so long to shut down the place..
unless They could only close the base after Stargate SG1 ended..>

-JP