funsec mailing list archives

RE: funsec Digest, Vol 14, Issue 45

From: "Randall M" <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:51:46 -0500

Dr. Neal Krawetz wrote:

[Message: 5
[Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:09:46 -0600 (MDT)
[From: "Dr. Neal Krawetz" <hf () hackerfactor com>
[Subject: Re: [funsec] Who is n3td3v?
[To: ge () linuxbox org (Gadi Evron)
[Cc: funsec () linuxbox org, hf () hackerfactor com
[
[On Fri Oct 20 15:49:53 2006, Gadi Evron wrote:
[>
[> Cool article, but n3td3v is not gobbles. For one, easy
[analysis shows
[> he is English.
[>
[>      Gadi.
[
[Thanks Gadi.
[
[However, I'm going to call you on this:
[1. What "easy analysis" are you using?
[   I listed my approaches.  If you are using a different approach, I'd
[   like to hear what it is.  (I'm not trying to be argumentative -- I
[   want to learn.)
[
[2. You said, "n3td3v is not gobbles".
[   Do you know for a fact that n3td3v is not Gobbles Security?
[   Or is this an interpretation?
[   If you know for a fact, then how do you know?
[
[On 1-Sep-2006, a new person controlling the n3td3v account appeared.
[He is likely English/Brit (based on the topics he posted).
[But I did not see enough text to analyze.
[The older n3td3v postings were by 3 people, not one person.
[(And primarily by three people -- a few postings were
[ambiguous and could indicate more people.)
[
[                                       -Neal
[Neal Krawetz, Ph.D.
[Hacker Factor Solutions

I have always leaned toward n3td3v being a group or at the least head of
one. My reasoning is always references to such like this:

From: n3td3v <xploitable_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:54:08 +0000

Go study internet security for 7 years, do CS at college, learn
computer programming in C++ and PHP, find hacks for Google/ Yahoo,
setup your own security group, be friends with hundreds of people in
multiple scenes, have IM and E-mail contact with some of Yahoo's top
security advisors and security engineers, then you can come back to
this list and challenge me. FOOL!