funsec mailing list archives

TV coverage of good and bad news, national security issues

From: "Larry Vaden" <vaden () texoma net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:09:01 -0500

On 10/25/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

That's possibly because you don't get Arabic television. Now, I don't ever
see news items about evangelical churches in Texas.

Never having watched Arabic television, partly because of
availability, I'd like to ask a couple of questions if I may:

1) Is there a marked difference with American TV in terms of %good vs.
%bad news?

2) Is there a marked difference with American TV with regard to
publishing articles some would rather the enemy not see regarding
national security (read: 1st amendment in US vs. any similar laws
impacting Arabic TV)?

thnx/rgds/ldv