funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:08:17 -0400

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:11:01 CDT, Brian Loe said:

If you think I'm being anti-gay, you're wrong. If you think I'm
against gay marriage, you're wrong. But, if I were anti-gay marriage,
why aren't you asking him to apologize for calling me a homophobe -
when I could name lots of reasons for being anti-same-sex marriage and
STILL not be a homophobic evangelical

The problem is that the *movement* is, by and large, driven by homophobic
evangelicals.  There are scattered other people who object for other reasons,
but they're not the ones who are getting it on the ballot and trying to rally
people to support it.