funsec mailing list archives

Re: Funsec archive publication

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:46:11 -0800

Drsolly wrote:
Maybe we should revisit this. There's stuff I would post, but wouldn't
want to get immediate widespread circulation.

I seem to recall this list was created as a sink for the off-topic stuff
that otherwise bubbles over into lists that are supposed to be fairly
utilitarian. That doesn't mean that it also needs to be public, but it's
an easy way for Gadi to allow anyone here, and not have to keep separate
sets distinct, and not have to vet yet another list or lists.

If the problem is that it's public, and people didn't realize that,
that's been taken care of for this cycle.

If the problem is that you want to go off-topic, but to a private set of
people with a no-share policy, I'm sure Gadi will be happy to create
another list, and let you control membership.

                                                BB