funsec mailing list archives

RE: Could be a problem

From: Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 21:05:07 -0500

SYDNEY, Jan 4 (Reuters Life!) - An Australian bank has apologized for
issuing a credit card to a cat after its owner decided to test the
bank's identity security system....

Many years ago I moved and got two new phone numbers, one of which I
wanted unlisted. Because this cost more, I put it in my cat's name
instead. She was a reliable customer and always paid her bill on time
and got two pre-approved credit cards, which I had tacked up on my
bulletin board at work.

This sort of thing was probably common back then, and the banks didn't
pretend to have the security they claim to have now.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/ <blocked::http://security.eweek.com/>
http://blog.eweek.com/blogs/larry%5Fseltzer/