funsec mailing list archives

Why would Vista's Parent Controls block crl.microsoft.com?

From: "'Richard M. Smith'" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 16:48:32 -0500

Hi,

Does anyone know why Vista's parental control feature is blocking access to
crl.microsoft.com?  Isn't the crl.microsoft.com server used to make sure a
digital certificate is still valid?  Isn't access required to this Web site?

I've attached an activity log of a test run I did with Parental Controls set
to the maximum blocking level.  It also looks like Parental Controls feature
is also blocking Web bugs from Hitbox, ABC, and Aquantive.

Thanks,
Richard