funsec mailing list archives

Re: AP: Google fixed huge hole

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:10:46 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On 2/21/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:56:48 CST, Brian Loe said:

Doesn't make sense that it's Feb 21, the hole was found late last year
and they had the fix in just a couple weeks...

Well, the chronology I saw was "reported late Dec, fix pushed beginning
of Feb", which is down in the 5-6 week range.

Or are you going to be like my kids, and when I say "a couple of weeks",
and it turns in to 3, they complain that a couple is two, a pair, the integer
preceding 3, etc...

My kids are the same way and I applaud them for it - but then I ALWAYS
say "a few" or "several". Couple means 2. :)

What does "several" mean? I usually mean 4-9