funsec mailing list archives

Re: no more Stargate SG-1?

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:58:09 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Adam Jacob Muller wrote:
See, I feel bad now. That was more of a I refuse to believe the
sequel to such a good show is this bad "what atlantis", not a I don't
know atlantis :(
That said, I shall expound below, feel free to kill file me for
making you write all that.

hehe, I will just say Atlantis sucks.

And, atlantis is extremely heavy on the science, and very light on
the morality and philosophy, Atlantis has literally managed to get
dunked in a veritable tank of history that has gotten up, wiped it
all off, and said "we don't want to talk about that boring history
stuff".

Rodney is more pseudo-science than speculative science. And he isn't a
blonde cute girl.

Atlantis has 2 minutes of action at best (and most of that is no real
action) with most of the episode beind about "let's talk about it" and
then "let's talk about it some more". This action is all you have
to hope
for while watching it.

This is why I don't watch the show, for the most part with SG1, i
would usually just fast-forward through the boring gun battles ( gun
battles == boring ). If i did that with SGA, I'd just be stuck with
boring interlude dialog. I midas well just not watch, and I don't.

I am still a guy - gun battles == fun!

eh, not even. I like talky feely shows just as much as the next
person. This is just *boring* rehashing the same thing over and over
again. With no compelling plot-lines.

Yep.

I sort-of still watch it. I will save up the whole season until the
end and then just fast forward through the boring parts. I can
usually get through a whole season, at least that's what I've done
with seasons 2 and 3. I got through season 2 in about 45 minutes.

You are brave.

        Gadi.

--
"beepbeep it, i leave work, stop reading sec lists and im still hearing
gadi"